Friday, May 2, 2014

How long is TOO long?

Blogging Community: how long is too long to be gone from the blogging world then come back? Say it's been a year-and-a-half since one posted... it's okay to pick up there, right?

I'm going to pretend like everyone just said yes, because I want to come back! My time in Virginia is coming to an end all too quickly and this blog has covered so many great parts of the first half of our journey here. I'd like to round it out...., and then probably cry every time I look at old posts because I'M GOING TO MISS IT HERE SO MUCH!

It's impossible to cover a year-and-a-half in one post (and just sounds awful), so here are some of the highlights.

First of all, we got a puppy!

Sorry for the weird digitized eyes. I promise she's a real dog.
 This was baby Sabrina a few days after we got her from Adopt a Stray Rescue back in February.  She came from a wonderful rescue organization, and we are so thankful for all the hard work they are doing to get in-need animals into loving homes.

Now she's a big 40 lb, 6 month old, energetic, cuddly, somewhat fraidy, water-loving pup. She keeps us and Eliza on our toes, but she's the most perfect pup we could ever hope to have!


Oh, and we had another giant snow... just 16 or so inches. Noooottt something us Mississippians are very good at dealing with, and apparently neither are puppies.


Also in the last 2 years, I've gotten very involved as a member of the Junior League of Charlottesville. It's an organization of amazing women doing amazing things, and I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to be a part of it. (Cue my tearing up and anxiety every time I talk about leaving...)


 


 
 Most recently, we spent our last Charlottesville Easter Sunday at Christ Church and then had lunch with our law school fam (again, cue tears). These people are wonderful friends and we are all going to have children who come to UVA so we have an excuse to be back in C'ville as often as possible.  


 Some of us even already have a head start on the kids. This little angel is about to be a big sis!
 Oh yeah, and I made this roast. Pears, rosemary, cipollini onions, oh yes. Happy Belated Easter!
 

And speaking of sisters and babies... MY LITTLE SISTER IS HAVING A BABY! I'm still a little in shock, but could not be more excited for her and her hubs, and guess what that means?! I get to be an Aunt! I seriously cannot wait to spoil that child.

So there's the very quick, very abbreviated summary of what this blog has missed. Even if all family, friends, and readers are lost to the rest of cyberspace, I'm excited to be back documenting our last days in Thomas Jefferson's great city.

XO,
Dianna

1 comment:

  1. Oh, now it's not my allergies that has ME choked up!! PLEASE blog more especially after you move so we don't lose touch. The JLC and I are going to miss you SO VERY MUCH!! oxo Chan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts!